VISION: (One in Jesus)
MISSION: (Uniting in prayer around the world)
SCRIPTURE: (1st Timothy 2: 1) "First, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made for everyone." (read verses 1-6 for full understanding of this Scripture passage)
United Prayer Tower is "Prayer Arm" of North America CFO and CFOI (International). The statements above, describing our Vision and Mission, blend perfectly well with our chosen Scripture reference. We are called to pray, to stand in the gap for the furtherance of God's Kingdom in and through CFO events worldwide. God called Nehemiah to pray and help Jewish people move forward with the plan God had for them. Likewise, UPT is to keep moving forward with God’s intentional plan for furtherance of CFO Worldwide.
Recently, Holy Spirit brings to my heart Theme and Scripture of 2019 CFO North America Annual Meeting: LISTEN! John 10: 27 (ESV) “My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me.” I challenge each of us to ponder Jesus’ words in John chapter 10 and other Scripture references on “listening”.
I believe in 2019 Holy Spirit is calling UPT to “Listen with great intensity” waiting upon Holy Spirit guidance in our personal times of prayer, together in our UPT weekly prayer call, during CFO Events, continuing to pray as “One in Jesus”.
PRAISING GOD FOR…
- UPT Council Ring Members coming from all Zones in North America, along with ex-officio members including Dana Belmonte (CFOI Coordinator), Johnson Thomas (CFOI President), Tina Bracken (CFO North America), Carolyn Miller (UPT Coordinator)
- UPT weekly Prayer Call being a time of truly bonding together in prayer.
- Witnessing God’s Hand in answers to prayer.
- UPT Website (Thanking Gary Fick for web design, adding new information, care-taker of website, that many people are checking out UPT website)
- Variety of UPT Pamphlets (Thanking Matt Leach for design and printing)
- UPT financial needs met in 2018
- WE BELIEVE: “PRAYER IS THE MIGHTIEST FORCE IN THE WORLD”
- Possibility of developing “Prayer Resource” Packets for all Prayer Hosts/Hostesses, to be distributed at 2019 NA CFO Annual Meeting?
- Making “Prayer Resource” Packets available (if needed) for CFOI Prayer Hosts/Hostesses to be distributed at Oct. 2019 CFOI Board Meeting?
- Establishing contacts in CFOI Regions so as to receive prayer requests and praise reports from around the world?
- Is there a way God wants UPT to be on Social Media?
- Seeking God to know if UPT is to be sending Prayer Requests/Praise Reports to a larger CFO/CFOI Audience (how that might work?)
- How about inviting past UPT Council Ring members (as non-voting members) to join us on our weekly UPT Prayer Call?
In closing I will share with you “Qualifications of the Fisher of Men”
(Gleaned from Glenn Clark’s book “Fishers of Men”, Chapter VII)
- The “Fisher of Men” must, first of all, be humble.
- Second requirement of the Fisher of Men is courage. “The call to the saving of men is a call to high adventure. Courage and humility, (although seemingly in direct opposition), are in reality closely allied, the opposite halves of the same circle.
- Move on with God in prayer. “If you are laying foundations for a civilization that will never fail, if you are transparent and courageous knights of the new Kingdom of the Spirit, you are building for a kingdom whose foundations are already laid in eternity and whose limits can be measured only by the infinitude of the stars. Ride into the Kingdom of Heaven. You will find it only in the hearts of men. This new continent you are penetrating is the continent of human souls”.
Giving thanks to God for His Gift of PRAYER and that we are “Fishers of Men”.
Carolyn Miller, UPT Coordinator
January 31, 2019